This helps couples identify health issues before marriage and early pregnancy Assessment.
- The whole check up can take around 1-2 hours (registration and waiting time included), please reserve enough time.
- All medications except those for diabetes can be take as usual.
- Women cannot have pap smears or urine tests during menstruation.
- For women who are pregnant, please notify the staff as soon as possible, as some of the examination items cannot be performed, such as X-rays or pap smears.
Preparation before body fluids sample collection
- Fresh body fluid samples should be provided for testing.
- Body fluids include urine, secretions, semen, faeces, etc.
- Urine : half a cup of mid-stream urine and put them in a clean container.
- Stool samples : put different parts of the faeces in a clear container. Avoid contact with toilet water during the process. The samples should be stored at room temperature and returned to the clinic within 24 hours.
Preparation before X-ray examination and mammography
- If in doubt or during pregnancy, X-ray, mammography or DEXA cannot be performed.
- For mammography, antiperspirants should not be applied.
Preparation before Blood pressure measurement, resting ECG and Treadmill
- Rest for around 15 minutes before measuring the blood pressure.
- Before taking a resting ECG, you should remain calm and refrain from strenuous exercise.
Preparation before ultrasound
- You should fast for 6 hours before the abdominal/ gallbladder ultrasound.
- Ultrasound of pelvis, prostate or bladder requires a full bladder. Please drink around 300ml of water before the examination.
Preparing for Pap smear examination
- Avoid vaginal medications one week before the examination and avoid vaginal lavage and sexual activity the day before the examination.
Preparation before blood test
- If you need to test blood sugar or blood lipids, you must fast for around 8 hours or more before the test.
- After the blood is drawn, lightly press the wound for about 5 minutes.
This helps couples identify health issues before marriage.
Includes Hepatitis B, Venereal Disease, Blood Group, Semen Test, Rubella Antibody IgG, Thalassemia etc.