Our centre has an exclusive ladies’ area with experienced on site female radiologists and radiographers.
- Except for diabetes, other medicines such as blood pressure medicine and heart medicine can be taken as usual.
- It is not suitable for women to undergo gynecologial examination or urine examination during menstruation.
- For women who are pregnant, please notify the staff of the medical examination center as soon as possible, as some of the examination items may not be suitable or even cannot be performed, such as X-rays or pap smears.
Preparation before body fluids sample collection
- Fresh body fluid samples should be provided for testing.
- Body fluids include urine, secretions, semen, faeces, etc.
- Urine : half a cup of mid-stream urine and put them in a clean containe.
- Stool samples : different parts of the faeces and put in the container. Avoid contact with toilet water during the process. The samples should be stored at room temperature and returned to the clinic within 24 hours.
Preparation before X-ray examination and mammography
- If in doubt or during pregnancy, X-ray , plain film, radiography, or mammography cannot be performed.
- For mammography, skin care products, cosmetics or antiperspirants should not be applied.
Preparation before Blood pressure measurement, resting ECG and Treadmill
- It is not suitable to do strenuous exercise before measuring blood pressure.
- Before taking a resting ECG, you should keep your mood calm and refrain from strenuous exercise.
- If you take medicine regularly, please notify the medical staff when you make an appointment.
Preparation before ultrasound
- You should keep an empty stomach for 6 hours before the abdominal/ gallbladder ultrasound examination.
- Ultrasound examination of pelvis, prostate or bladder requires a full bladder. Please drink at least 300ml of water before the examination.
Preparing for Pap smear examination
- Avoid vaginal medications one week before the examination and avoid vaginal lavage and sexual activity the day before the examination.
- During menstruation, the first three days and seven days
Preparation before blood test
- If you need to test blood sugar or blood lipiads, you must keep an empty stomach for 8 hours or more before the test.
- If there is a record of fainting during blood taking, please inform the medical staff before the blood draw to prepare.
- After the blood is drawn, lightly press the wound for about 3-5 minutes.
DEXA Bone Density Test
- Recommended for 40 years old or above