Blood test can be used to assess your general state of health.
- The whole check up can take around 1-2 hours (registration and waiting time included), please reserve enough time.
- All medications except those for diabetes can be take as usual.
- Women cannot have pap smears or urine tests during menstruation.
- For women who are pregnant, please notify the staff as soon as possible, as some of the examination items cannot be performed, such as X-rays or pap smears.
Preparation before body fluids sample collection
- Fresh body fluid samples should be provided for testing.
- Body fluids include urine, secretions, semen, faeces, etc.
- Urine : half a cup of mid-stream urine and put them in a clean container.
- Stool samples : put different parts of the faeces in a clear container. Avoid contact with toilet water during the process. The samples should be stored at room temperature and returned to the clinic within 24 hours.
Preparation before Blood pressure measurement, resting ECG and Treadmill
- Rest for around 15 minutes before measuring the blood pressure.
- Before taking a resting ECG, you should remain calm and refrain from strenuous exercise.
Preparation before blood test
- If you need to test blood sugar or blood lipids, you must fast for around 8 hours or more before the test.
- After the blood is drawn, lightly press the wound for about 5 minutes.
Regular health checks allow us to get systematic health assessment. Medical health check also helps promote preventive measures, such as healthy lifestyle and for early detection before diseases show symptoms, such as abnormal cervical cell change. By getting the right regular check ups, we can take a closer look at our health conditions and take steps for early prevention and treatments.